DirectX

I'm trying to use parts of DirectX using the material supplied
at
http://dragon.acadiau.ca/~025668b/develop/cygnus/

However I miss a macro MAKE_HRESULT and perhaps two constants
E_FAIL and CLR_INVALID. They are not supplied in the DirectX SDK.
I suspect that they are defined in some other Microsoft product.

MAKE_HRESULT is needed to interpret the error code given when I
try to create a surface.

I would be thankful for any help.

Magnus Bondesson
Dep of Computing Science