Re: how to build a dll that uses other dll's?

Dan Goldwater, you wrote:
> I am trying to build a DLL which has function calls which must be
> resolved into existing win32 DLL's.
>
> Following the instructions for building a relocatable dll, i get an
> output but each of the three ld steps reports all the undefined
> references for the functions which are in the existing win32 dll's.  i
> had to add the --noinhibit-exec option to ld so that it wouldn't delete
> the output dll due to the errors.

You need to build import libraries for the DLLs you want to link your
DLL with, and then you need to link against those import libraries
when creating your DLL.

> when i build this project on solaris, the linker doesn't complain about
> the undefined references, and they are resolved to appropriate existing
> .so files at runtime.

Yeah, ELF is much nicer than gnu-win32 DLLs...

--
Fergus Henderson <fjh@cs.mu.oz.au>   |  "I have always known that the pursuit
PGP: finger fjh@128.250.37.3         |     -- the last words of T. S. Garp.