Re: Anybody tried compiling xfig 3.2?

On Fri, 22 Aug 1997, Anees A. Shaikh wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to get xfig running on my Win95 box under b18.  Using
> precompiled X11 libs from Arlindo and cygwin.dll from Sergey (not the
> latest) I was able to compile with the following mods:
>
> -   replace calls to random/srandom with rand/srand
> -   force it to use dirent.h structs rather than dir.h -- there is no
> dir.h

I compiled xfig 3.1.4 using the same process.

> I also compiled libjpeg

Yes, I used version 6a

> and libXpm pretty much out of the box
> (necessary for xfig).

I didn't need that.  Is it optional, or a change between xfig 3.1.4 and
3.2?

> My assumption that getting it to compile would result in a working
> binary didn't hold.  It seems to start up okay but then immediately
> crashes with an exception.

I had a few of those that I traced to having set up my X server stuff
incorrectly.  Make sure that you can run the various binaries that come
with Arlindo's X libs.

SJZ

-