Re: df.exe gives me an error message...

Panos Platon Tsapralis wrote:

>         I tried to use the df.exe file that you sent to me, attached
> to your last message, and it gives me the following message in the
> command line of BASH :
>
> bash.exe: /GNUWIN32/B18/H-I386-CYGWIN32/BIN/df.exe: (null)
>
> while, at the same time a dialog box appears on-screen, with a caption
> "Error Starting Program", a "OK" button and a message that says :
>
> "The DF.EXE file is linked to missing export
> KERNEL32.DLL:GetDiskFreeSpaceExA.
>
> What am I missing ?

It looks like you are using the wrong version of Windows or df should
have been written to use GetDiskFreeSpaceA if GetDiskFreeSpaceExA
doesn't exist.  GetDiskFreeSpaceExA is available in Windows 95
OSR2(System Properties will say "Microsoft Windows 95" "4.00.950 B" if
the B is not there you do not have OSR2).  Windows NT 4.0 does support
the GetDiskFreeSpaceExA function.  Thus your OS must be Windows 95.

The df utility should be rewritten to use GetDiskFreeSpaceA if
GetDiskFreeSpaceExA doesn't exist.  Its not too hard.  Use
LoadLibrary/LoadLibraryEx to load Kernel32.dll, then GetProcAddress to
find GetDiskFreeSpaceExA.  If it is not present, use GetDiskFreeSpaceA.
Unfortunately GetDiskFreeSpaceA may return incorrect information on the
size of the disks.

Eric Britten