Imake Question ?

Hi,

I'll first give the standard disclaimer:

I've searched through the mailing list archive, but
didn't see (or missed) any reported problems similar
to mine. Also, I've been using gnu-win32 since b17
and have been nothing but pleased.

Now for the problem:

Recently, I downloaded the X11R6.3 gnu-win32 port and
installed it on my system. (NT4.0, running b18). Now
that I've finally gotten rid of the application faults,
etc. .. I want to compile/port some of my favorite work and
Linux applications. My problem is with imake, more
specifically it doesn't generate a valid Makefile.

I'll admit that I'm not familiar with the guts of Imake, but
I'm not a novice user, so I've played around with the templates,
to the point where Imake runs. But .. generated Makefiles never
correctly compile the application, since things like linking
in the X libs are not present, or dependencies are messed up.

It appears that others have X applications running and compiling,
so I was hoping for some advice/flames/pointers to where I
might have gone wrong. If any more info is needed I'd be more
than happy to provide details.

Thanks in advance,

Bruce Ashfield

-