Re: VIM 5.0k

Jerome,

I got vim-5.0l and finally figured out what the problem was.  It turns out
that when using termcap, you need to modify vim.h as follows:

513 #if defined(AMIGA) || defined(__linux__) || defined(__CYGWIN32__) ||
defined(__QNX__)
514 # define TBUFSZ 2048            /* buffer size for termcap entry */
515 #else
516 # define TBUFSZ 1024            /* buffer size for termcap entry */
517 #endif

The defined(__CYGWIN32__) needs to be added to up the buffer size for the
terminal type 'linux'.  If this is not done, the linux entry in the termcap
file overflows the character buffer and overwrites the stack.  Now that I have
gotten as far as you, I will work on trying to figure out why it is so darned
slooooooow.  It seems that this is related to the I/O.  When was debugging to
determine the problem, an open for the termcap file took over thirty seconds.

Mike Benzinger

-