vim-5.0k uses terminfo, "hangs" loading file

I just installed Sergey's latest (with misc-fixes1) coolview. To be able
to use the tty/pty enhancements, I attempted to get vim (5.0k) compiled
under cygwin32. (I set CYGWIN_NOTTY in the mean time.)

Ran configure and noticed that it chose terminfo over termcap (I
previously installed termcap-1.3). Since everyone's been talking about
cs capabilities in termcap recently, this surprised me. Configure also
saw I had X11 libraries and tried to use them, resulting in many
warnings about "type 'int' assumed" (or some such) -- didn't want it
anyway, so I turned off the X11 stuff.

The compile completed cleanly except for some warnings about signed to
unsigned comparisons (e.g., at ex_docmd.c:4767), but the resulting
executable doesn't want to load files. "./vim INSTALL" just sits there.
If I hit ^C, it will report '"INSTALL" Interrupted'; if I kill it, it
tries to write to .viminfo (which it says is unwritable).

I then tried to recompile it, editing config.h to force it to use
termcap rather than terminfo. The compile completed successfully (no
obvious differences in warnings), but the executable performs the same
as above.

I'm including my config.cache; if you've got 5.0k (or 5.0h?) to compile,
would you compare your config.cache to mine and let me know of any
discrepancies?

--
James Dumser  972.462.5335  dumser@ti.com

config~1.cac