Problem with gcc

I just have installed Beta18 of Gnu Win 32 on a NT 4.0 service pack 3
system.  The installation seemed to go smoothly and I set all the
environment variables and paths (I believe).  When I went to run gcc
on a small test program (hello world) I got:

gcc test.c

abnormal program termination

Interestingly though, I can run g++ on the same program and get a
fully functioning executable.

I'm thinking that it may not be loading in some libraries or
something, cause when the g++ code compiles all these paths pop up in
the title bar of my console window.  When gcc attempts to compile
nothing happens in the title bar of the console window.

Hmmm...  Any hints as to what could be the problem and the solution.

Thanks,

KSG
kgatlin@cs.ucsd.edu
-