problem with cat.exe using beta 17.1 under win.nt 4

Hai,

When using the bash under NT 4.0 I encouter the following problem in a
script that i use under Linux and a DOS shell.

I use a inline cat script as follows

cat <<EOT > temp.file
script line 1
script line
etc
EOT
gawk -f temp.file

The problem is that bash does not recognize <<EOT to be a inline script.
the script runs well under a linux shell and a DOS shell.

Please help me with a solution or a workaround, so I do not have to
rewrite the script(s) for Linux and DOS as well.

Thanks,

Marcel Bouwmeester
UserSoft@pi.net
the Netherlands

Hello,

As Geoffrey Noer suggests, please forward this to our gnu-win32@cygnus.com
mail distribution.

Thanks,
Kathy

>I don't know if this is forwarded to the right group/mailing list, but i
>hope you can help??
>
>Marcel
>

>Geoffrey Noer wrote:
>>
>> Sorry, but I don't have time to help.  Please either ask the gnu-win32
>> mailing list for help or wait until beta 18 comes out and see if the
>> issue is resolved in that release.
>>
>> -gjn
>>
>> usersoft wrote:
>> >
>> > Hai,
>> >
>> > When using the bash under NT 4.0 I encouter the following problem in a
>> > script that i use under Linux and a DOS shell.
>> >
>> > I use a inline cat script as follows
>> >
>> > cat <<EOT > temp.file
>> > script line 1
>> > script line
>> > etc
>> > EOT
>> > gawk -f temp.file
>> >
>> > The problem is that bash does not recognize <<EOT to be a inline script.
>> > the script runs well under a linux shell and a DOS shell.
>> >
>> > Please help me with a solution or a workaround, so I do not have to
>> > rewrite the script(s) for Linux and DOS as well.
>> >
>> > Thanks,
>> >
>> > Marcel Bouwmeester
>> > UserSoft@pi.net
>> > the Netherlands
>> >

>> --
>> Geoffrey Noer
>> noer@cygnus.com

Kathy Powers                       Phone: +1-206-888-6002
Cygnus Solutions                     Fax: +1-206-888-6145
Western Region Sales            Email: kpowers@cygnus.com
           Web site: http://www.cygnus.com