Re: About DLL's again

Ismael,
	Thank you for your thorough response, I appreciate this
,and your initial post for that matter. I have abandoned trying
to get gcc to make universally loadable dlls, for whatever reason
it doesn't work (see below for some conjecture), and I have found
an alternative. The lcc compiler distributed by Jacob Navia will
make dlls simply and without fuss. I have been using it all week
and am extremely pleased. This should not be interpreted as a
cut on Cygnus, there is room on my disk for several compilers.
	Now for some irresponsible hypothesizing. I suspect that
part of the dll loading problem is coming from the way MSVC handles
messages. I think the WM_COMMAND message starts a new thread so that the
main window procedure can continue to process messages. I get this
impression from the debug messages generated in MSVC. The LoadLibrary
function fails when the call comes from within this thread. I don't
know if any of this sounds reasonable, maybe it will lead someone
to the right answer, for me its lcc for dlls.

Matt

/* Matt Calder, Dept. of Statistics, CSU */
/* http://www.stat.colostate.edu/~calder */

-