Re: Cygnus Cygwin32 Press Release 1/21/97

>    Date: Wed, 12 Feb 1997 04:45:24 -0800
>    From: Jim Balter <jqb@netcom.com>
>
>    I was not referring to Cygnus' philosophy in general, only their
>    philosophy towards FREE software.  Placing free software under
>    both the GPL and under a restricted-distribution license is a definite
>    deviation.

Actually, this approach makes a lot of sense.  Patrick Powell is doing
it with LPRng...

Most companies shy away from GPL.  Saying "I'll pay for the privalege
not to have post source" is fine (in my book).

It seems to solve a lot of problems...

--
marty
leisner@sdsp.mc.xerox.com