Multicasts & fsstat

I am just porting a communication package from UNIX to NT. Almost everything went
fine! Good stuff - congratulations.

Still there are some open issues and maybe someone has already found a solution.

1.) After a successfull accept( ) call the server tries to get the remote IP adress
with getpeername( ) and gethostbyaddr( ). The second call always returns NULL even
when I copy the hosts file into /etc. The other way round with gethostbyname( ) is
ok.

2.) On startup a multicast message is sent across the net. This is done by setting
a udp filedescriptor to SO_BROADCAST and getting the interfaces with ioctl( ...,
SIOCGIFCONF, ... ). To get the correct IP range I had to add the functions
inet_makeaddr( ) and inet_netof( ) by hand. Now it compiles fine and returns no
error but the multicast doesn't turn up on the other systems. Is this kind of
adressing supported ?

3.) On UNIX systems there is a means to get the available disc space by calling
statfs ( ) or statvfs( ). Is or will there  be something similar in the cygwin
package? A workaround is to call GetDiskFreeSpace( ) from libkernel32.lib.

4.) When running the server as a demon (ie. forking and calling setsid( )) all
following forks and system( ) calls fail with sys_errlist[errno] set to 'No such
process'. Is there a workaround?

Cheers

walter.jenny@gmsg.ch
-