This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [PATCH] New '--install-type' option for cygcheck?
- From: "Elfyn McBratney" <elfyn-cygwin at exposure dot org dot uk>
- To: <cygwin-patches at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 22:33:38 -0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] New '--install-type' option for cygcheck?
- References: <006701c2f432$c62a5380$fa6d86d9@ellixia> <20030327183835.GM12539@redhat.com>
- Reply-to: "Elfyn McBratney" <elfyn-cygwin at exposure dot org dot uk>
> On Thu, Mar 27, 2003 at 07:30:42AM -0000, Elfyn McBratney wrote:
> >I've been working on a new option for `cygcheck' that checks who Cygwin
> >installed for. This could be used when users on the mailing list have
> >problems running services when the installation was done for "Just Me",
> >executing files in the same situation etc. Would this be a desirable
> >feature? Yes/no...patch attached :-)
> Doesn't cygcheck already report the appropriate registry keys from HKLM
> and HKCU? If not, I think that just reporting the keys from both of those
> is all that we really need to do rather than adding a special option.
I see your point. I just thought it could be an FAQ and when people ask
these kind of questions running this would be a way to tell them where to
get the help instead of having to reply run setup...blah.
elfyn at exposure dot org dot uk