MC no longer working with cygwin 3.1.x

Ken Brown kbrown@cornell.edu
Sat Dec 21 15:48:00 GMT 2019

[Moving from cygwin to cygwin-developers.]

Hi Corinna,

> Ken, btw., we should add a PIPE_REJECT_REMOTE_CLIENTS flag, just for
> paranoia.

Should this be FILE_PIPE_REJECT_REMOTE_CLIENTS?  It seems that most of the flags
for NtCreateNamedPipeFile start with "FILE_".

And which argument of NtCreateNamedPipeFile should that flag be in?  None of
them seem quite right to me.  Or is there some other function that should be
called after NtCreateNamedPipeFile to set that flag?

Last question: The only documentation I found for NtCreateNamedPipeFile is here:

http://undocumented.ntinternals.net/index.html?page=UserMode%2FUndocumented%20Functions%2FNT%20Objects%2FFile%2FNtCreateFile.html

Is there anything better?

Thanks.

Ken