Re: native symlink

(*) In your blog you were musing why Cygwin supports lnk files but
not native symlinks.  Here's the answer:  lnk files support using
POSIX paths.

And while supporting lnk files does have some benefits for
interoperability, I think the history of this option is significant.
At a point in the past, Cygwin symlinks were lnk files by default.
However, they fell out of favor when support for UTF filenames was added
to Cygwin.  Given this background, one could certainly posit that lnk file
support is not in its ascendency and could even be viewed as exactly the
opposite.  To me, that makes it a weak basis for building an argument to
add support of new but similar functionality.

Despite the fact that I'm replying directly to Corinna's statement, I'm
addressing the above comment to Jeffrey.  Somehow I get the feeling that
Corinna is aware of the history of this option. ;-)

--
Larry