Re: Latest 64 bit test stuff on sourceware

On Feb 16 22:47, Ken Brown wrote:
> On 2/16/2013 5:17 PM, Peter Rosin wrote:
> >3. The config.status scripts generated by the configure scrips
> >I have tested are not working (all Makefiles end up empty), but
> >I suspect that's some issue between autoconf and dash. So far it
> >has worked to run ./config.status from plain old non-64-cygwin
> >between configure and make.
>
> I made a first attempt to build emacs.  I had the same problem as
> Peter with all Makefiles being empty.  In addition, the configure

Yup, confirmed.  Looks like a gawk thingy.

> test for mktime (attached) fails; CPU usage spins up to 25% (one
> core), and the program has to be killed from the Task Manager.

Thanks for the testcase.  I'll have a look this week.  Yesterday I
already noticed a time problem when fetching stat info from NFS shares.
NFS uses 8 byte timespecs, 64 bit cygwin uses 16 byte timespecs.  I
guess there's some 4 byte/8 byte time_t problem lurking somewhere in
Cygwin.