Re: Latest 64 bit test stuff on sourceware

On 9 February 2013 21:01, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I just uploaded all the stuff I have 64 bit-wise to the sourceware ftp
> area.  See ftp://cygwin.com/pub/cygwin/64bit/
>
> What you see there is this:
>
> - binary-toolchain-x86_64-pc-linux-x-x86_64-pc-cygwin-20130209.tar.xz
>
>     This >80 Megs archive contains a binary toolchain dir, representing
>     the full cross-build toolchain for x86_64 Linux, targeting
>     x86_64-pc-cygwin.  This toolchain allows to build 64 bit Cygwin as
>     well as 64 bit Cygwin binaries.  Only C and C++ are supported as
>     languages, since that's all I need.  libgcc and libstdc++ only exist
>     as static libs so far.
>
>     After unpacking you get a directory called x86_64-pc-cygwin.  Assuming
>     you install to /opt, just add /opt/x86_64-pc-cygwin/bin to $PATH and
>     you should be all set.  Again, this is a toolchain only running on
>     x86_64 Linux.  I'm using it on Fedora 17 right now.

Great to see this. I tried building mintty with it. After a bit of
makefile hacking I got it to compile, albeit a bunch of warning that
I'll need to address. Linking failed due to undefined references
select() and gethostname() though, so I guess they're not implemented
yet?

> - x86_64-pc-cygwin-binutils-20130209.patch
> - x86_64-pc-cygwin-gcc-20130209.patch
>
>     These are the current patchsets to binutils and gcc, relative to
>     current CVS/SVN HEAD.  The problem I described in my mail
>     http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-developers/2013-02/msg00009.html
>     is yet unsolved, but the required changes to gcc to support that
>     scenario will be addresses by my collegue Kai Tietz within this
>     month.

Is it worth attempting to build the toolchain on current Cygwin?

Andy