Re: missing or wrong mingw_lib ?

On Jul  8 12:31, Earnie Boyd wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 7, 2012 at 8:53 PM, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> > Incidentally, I've revamped the configury for Cygwin in preparation for
> > moving it to a new stand-alone git repository.  Since it will be
> > standalone (with the possible exception of newlib), it no longer will be
> > using the old, arcane top-level configure/Makefile.in which has
> > accommodations for building gdb, binutils, gcc, flex, bison, etc.
>
> How does this affect mingw and w32api?  I've noticed Corinna's patches
> to mingw-w64 as well, will Cygwin be going that direction and dropping
> mingw and w32api?

At one point, yes.  I explained the reasoning behind it a couple of
months ago on the cygwin-apps list:
http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2012-03/msg00060.html

As cgf wrote, I'm just working on porting Cygwin to use Mingw64 headers
and libs while retaining the ability to build with mingw32/w32api
headers.  However, at one point we will probably switch to mingw64
entirely for building the Cygwin DLL.