Re: missing or wrong mingw_lib ?

On Sat, Jul 07, 2012 at 09:25:50PM +0200, marco atzeri wrote:
>building from last cvs
>
>make[3]: *** No rule to make target `/libkernel32.a', needed by
>`cygwin0.dll'.  Stop.
>make[3]: Leaving directory
>`/pub/cygwin/cvs/build/i686-pc-cygwin/winsup/cygwin'
>
>$ grep libkernel32.a
>/pub/cygwin/cvs/build/i686-pc-cygwin/winsup/cygwin/Makefile
>DLL_IMPORTS:=$(mingw_lib)/libkernel32.a $(mingw_lib)/libntdll.a
>

>but on source tree "$(mingw_lib)" is not reported on other files
>
>$ grep -rH mingw_lib *
>winsup/cygwin/Makefile.in:DLL_IMPORTS:=$(mingw_lib)/libkernel32.a
>$(mingw_lib)/libntdll.a
>winsup/mingw/Makefile.in:       echo "static int __mingw_libm_dummy;" >
>_libm_dummy.c

I'm not sure what Corinna's intentions were in changing that line but
I've put it back the way it was, maybe temporarily.

I'm generating a snapshot to make sure that it works correctly.

Incidentally, I've revamped the configury for Cygwin in preparation for
moving it to a new stand-alone git repository.  Since it will be
standalone (with the possible exception of newlib), it no longer will be
using the old, arcane top-level configure/Makefile.in which has
accommodations for building gdb, binutils, gcc, flex, bison, etc.

The git repository is not quite ready for prime time and it isn't yet
clear what we'll be doing with the old CVS repository.  Right now, git
is pulling in changes from CVS but I guess we could eventually be moving
in the other direction.  I can also set up a git cvs server for those
who prefer it.