Re: RFC: Cygwin 64 bit?

On 7/8/2011 8:01 PM, Thomas Wolff wrote:
> I share cgf's concerns here and your hint isn't comforting me. It would
> mean that any package maintainer would have to modify scripts or
> makefiles unless they use cygport - which not all do.

Only for the 64bit version. I don't think anybody is contemplating
changing the way 32bit builds and installations are done (e.g.
relocating 32bit dlls to lib/ (or worse, lib32/).  So, until you're good
and ready to take the 64bit plunge, you needn't do anything.

And...regardless how this whole 64bit installation dll path discussion
thing turns out, I imagine your foo-build script, when you get around to
doing the 64bit port of foo, will be the least of the issues we each
will have to address...

--
Chuck