Re: Broken autoconf mmap test

If you guys think that cheating for autoconf on 64 bit systems is a good
idea, I'm willing to implement it.

It seems to me that the best long-term solution is for the autoconf test to be split into two tests as Eric suggested. That way programs that really need full POSIX compliance (if there are any such programs) can test for it.

Until that happens and becomes widely known, however, I think cheating is better than the status quo. As it stands, Cygwin packages that are built with cygport will cheat anyway, and other packages will have different behavior depending on whether or not the build was done on a 64-bit machine. Maintainers who upgrade from a 32-bit machine to a 64-bit machine might not even notice that their packages have stopped using mmap.

Ken