Re: LoadLibrary error 487 (was Re: Please test latest developer snapshot)

On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 09:20:21PM +0100, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>On Feb 28 21:15, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>> >
>> > I tried to reproduce on most of those and saw nothing too.  I just don't
>> > know what situation this will crop up in.  We don't check specifically
>> > for XP so we may be introducing weird hard-to-diagnose behavior.
>> >
>> > All strange behavior would be guaranteed gone if we loaded the DLL
>> > statically.  I wonder if we loaded the DLL statically and only removed
>> > on symbol from the autoload if it would help with any slowness in
>> > linking since we'd still be linking all of the symbols dynamically.
>>
>> This speaks against loading winmm statically:
>>
>> http://www.tech-archive.net/Archive/DotNet/microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.clr/2007-02/msg00000.html
>>
>> Why not test for XP specificailly and be done with it?
>
>Like this:

I have something like that sitting in my sandbox but I named the flag
"use_dont_resolve_hack".  Actually "need_dont_resolve_hack" would
probably be better.

But, at this point, it's nickel and dime so whatever you want to
call it is fine.

Thanks.

(And, btw, I made dll_load explicity inline)