Re: Cygwin Filesystem Performance degradation 1.7.5 vs 1.7.7, and methods for improving performance

On Oct  7 17:38, Derry Shribman wrote:
> Hi,
>
> >> If so, what is needed is that lstat() will do QIF/QDF() for local
> >> shares, and QAF() for network shares.
> >
> > That doesn't help.  It might be a help for outmoded systems like XP, but
> > it doesn't differ from QIF on Vista and later.  Even for network drives,
> > the FASTIO_NETWORK_QUERY_OPEN returns FAST IO DISALLOWED.  See the output
> > from procmon on W7:
> > [...]
> > Note especially that the file gets opened for FILE_READ_ATTRIBUTES
> > access only, so this case doesn't differ from what Cygwin does anyway.
> >
> > It also does not matter whether the drive is mounted via a drive letter
> > or if the call uses an UNC path.  I don't see that this special case has
> > any future.
>
> Hmmm... very strange behavior of CIFS!

I found some vague hint on the internet which describes this problem and
connects it to UAC.  However, in contrast to the article on the net, I
could not reproduce a working FAST_IO by switching off UAC and rebooting
the machine.