Re: Request for help debugging screen problem

Hi,

On Feb 5 16:23, Shaddy Baddah wrote:
Do you think opening the pty by name and unlimited instances for pty
pipes would be a feasible approach?  Obviously the OpenProcess is
making some problems starting with Vista.

Do you think it is something to do with this (from http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms684320%28VS.85%29.aspx):

Remarks

To open a handle to another local process and obtain full access
rights, you must enable the SeDebugPrivilege privilege. For more
information, see Changing Privileges in a Token.

I'm not sure.

Would this be in the user token? How can I list which privileges are
contained in the token for the mintty session and the ssh session?

http://cygwin.de/gettokinfo/gettokinfo.cc

Thanks for that. I compiled it (using gcc-3. Doesn't compile with gcc-4) and ran it. If anything, the ssh session has one more item in DefaultDacl and SecurityDescriptor. But I haven't grasped the concepts yet. And it's getting v. late here in +1100 zone, so I'll have to have a look at the next opportunity.

Thanks and regards to all,
Shaddy