Re: dlclose not calling destructors of static variables.

On Fri, Jan 29, 2010 at 01:39:30PM +0000, Dave Korn wrote:
>On 29/01/2010 09:32, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
>> Dave,
>>
>> would you mind to have a look into that one?  Since you have been
>> playing with C++ constructors/desctructors a lot lately...
>
>  Replied on main list :)

I just checked in a fix/workaround for this problem.

IMO, gcc really should be using __cxa_atexit.  The change I just checked
in is a workaround for the fact that there is no way for the atexit
handler to know that a to-be-called function was registered in a dso.

If gcc was using __cxa_atexit this probably would not have been a
problem, although there would still be more cygwin DLL work required
to make this work at dll unload time.