Re: 1.7.1 release date?

On Dec  1 12:52, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 01, 2009 at 05:45:40PM +0000, Andy Koppe wrote:
> >- mv setup-1.7.exe setup.exe
>
> Don't we need to roll a new version of setup?  The current version looks in
> different locations depending on whether it's being run on Windows NT or not.
>
> Do we still want to do this?  I think Corinna wants to keep a legacy 1.5 system

I think so, yes.  It's "for free" since it's still in setup.

> around for Windows 95 users but, if we do that, then I think we need setup.exe
> to make it clear that this is a stale version of Cygwin.

I'm not overly concerned one way or the other.  We can create a
setup-1.5.exe and mv setup-1.7.exe setup.exe.  This allows all users
still to install Cygwin 1.5 ("Cygwin 1.7 is unusable for me!!!1!").
The last bunch of 9x users will get the same 1.5 based stuff using any
of these setups and we can simply add a text to setup.exe warning that
9x users should upgrade to a newer version of Windows...  or, we
change setup.exe to run on NT only and 9x users are pointed to
setup-1.5.exe.  Whatever you prefer.