Re: ACL inheritance problem

On Mon, 02 Nov 2009 Corinna Vinschen wrote:

Why?

Don't get me wrong, but I would really like to *discuss* this rather
than just have some arbitrary opinion.  It's an easy change, but I'm
really curious if we really need it.  After all, I disabled this back in
February, and nobody seem to have noticed it.  Cygwin applications
won't care anyway, so it's a pure curtesy to non-Cygwin processes.

So, again the simple question.

Why?

This "so it's a pure curtesy to non-Cygwin processes" _is_ the reason. Cygwin must play nice with windows native processes. What I've seen so far from the 1.7 changes I've been happy with. But I've not tested any of it, I've been waiting for the construction dust to settle.

--
Earnie