Re: console flashing, again

According to Corinna Vinschen on 6/17/2008 4:19 AM:
Ok, I'll not touch it in the meantime.

However, I don't quite get it.  When you start a non-cygwin app from a X
app, shouldn't this start in an invisible console?  CreateFile("CONIN$")
shouldn't create a console by itself at least.  But why should setting
the console mode bits for input having anything to do with that?!?

Do you need me to try and capture a stripped down test-case and strace of what emacs is doing? My particular workflow where I noticed it was using emacs' version-control hooks to query ClearCase for the current state of a checked out file, so emacs is trying to parse the stdout of the non-cygwin app, and I'm not sure whether it is redirecting the stdin from /dev/null.

Eric Blake ebb9@byu.net