Re: Handling NFS shares

On May 20 20:49, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On May 20 18:33, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> > On May 20 18:16, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> > > I just uploaded 1.7.0-11 to the release-2 area.
> > > [...]
> >
> > I'm just going to upload 1.7.0-12 which fixes that.
> > [...]
>
> And -13 with a couple of bugfixes.  13 is hopefully my lucky number
> for today...

And a -14 just now.  It contains a couple of fixes:

- chmod was still not really correct.  It didn't filter out all invalid
  bits, which was the root cause for the SYSTEM bit problem Eric
  reported yesterday.

- Fixed a bug in fstat which could have returned wrong inode numbers in
  some cases.

- Getting rid of some alloca's and hopefully a tiny speedup in calls to
  fstat, fstatvfs and readdir.

- Fixed a problem with readdir on NFS shares under SFU 3.5 (and probably
  earlier releases).  Dangling symlinks are silently removed from
  directory listings, unless you use the FileNamesInformation info class
  in the call to NtQueryDirectoryFile.  This info class isn't used by
  Explorer, nor by cmd.exe, nor by Cygwin so far.  Cygwin uses
  FileNamesInformation now if FileIdBothDirectoryInformation isn't
  available.  The latter info class is not supported by SFU 3.5 (and
  earlier?), but by the NFS client in Vista/2008.

This is the test release for the next two weeks as far as I'm concerned.
I'm mostly offline for that time.

Have fun,