Handling NFS shares

Hi,

I just uploaded 1.7.0-11 to the release-2 area.  The main change is that
Cygwin is now NFS-aware.  I put a lot of debugging effort into how NFS
is handled by Interix and I figured out the (hitherto) undocumented
details by using WinDbg.  Actually it's quite simple if you know how to
do it.  The NFS client is using Extended Attributes to communicate the
non-Windows details and actually you get pretty much the information
send by the NFS server unchanged, per RFC 1813.

While I'm writing this, it occurs to me that I missed to add the
necessary mode bit information to the mkdir call, so mkdir doesn't set
the mode on the dir correctly.  Bummer.  It's an easy change but it
requires another upload, obviously.

What's also not working is the uid/gid mapping from Cygwin uid/gid to
UNIX uid/gid.  This requires access to the name mapping, either by
accessing the name mapping server, or by accessing active directory.  So
far I don't know how do do any of that.

Anyway, NFS access already works quite nicely for me, better than
accessing my Samba shares!  With this new functionality, maybe I switch
to NFS entirely at one point.

Have fun,