Re: CYGWIN=codepage? Or LC_CTYPE=foo?

>>> On Mon, 07 Apr 2008 11:48:22 +0200
>>> Corinna Vinschen said:

> After a night's sleep... am I right that GetLocaleInfo is just half the
> job?

Yes, you are right. My implementation of setlocale uses the
table mapping POSIX locale names to LCIDs to support other
locales than the default. It allows users set LANG to fr_FR,
whose LCID is 0x040C, even when the default on Windows is
Japanese.

Is this really necessary? I don't like the table in Cygwin DLL
to realize such a useless feature although it is rather amusing.
I want to drop the table.

If setlocale of Cygwin emulates one on Unix faithfully, it
requires the table. If it only supports the default, POSIX, and
C, we can drop the table and it can still conform the standard.
____
  | AIST      Kazuhiro Fujieda <fujieda@jaist.ac.jp>
  | HOKURIKU  School of Information Science
o_/ 1990      Japan Advanced Institute of Science and Technology