Re: EOL for Windows 95/98/Me

On Feb  7 06:05, Eric Blake wrote:
> According to Corinna Vinschen on 2/7/2007 3:17 AM:
> >
> > Btw., it just occured to me that I'd rather get rid of the 9x stuff in
> > the 1.7.0 DLL entirely.  This would have visible advantages.
> >

> > You're all convinced, right?
>
> Fine by me - one of the reasons that I was able to convince my wife last
> fall that it was time to replace my 8-year-old 266MHz win98 machine with a
> brand-new dual-core 2.6GHz WinXP machine was this very thread, and telling
> her that win98 is no longer supported by Microsoft.  Which means I no
> longer test any of my packages on win98, and am no longer sure that all my
> coreutils tweaks work in spite of win98's limitations.

I have still a win98 virtual machine.  I don't have any copy of 95 and
only a hardware-locked version of Me for which the hardware isn't
available anymore.

Looks like there's nothing more to discuss, given the sparse number of
replies.  Which is definitely fine with me.  I'll start ripping out 9x
support in the next couple of days.