Re: 1st release of an LSA authentication package

On Nov 27 17:01, Corinna Vinschen wrote:
> On Nov 27 07:37, Brian Dessent wrote:
> > I inferred that Igor was worried that a reboot would be required during
> > e.g. ordinary development cycle of developing a new patch against the
> > DLL or when trying a snapshot, etc.  I think the workaround there would
> > be just not to use LSA auth.
>
> Indeed.  On the bright side, when LSA authentication fails, there's
> always the fallback to NtCreateToken.

Maybe that's not entirely clear: A reboot and new installation of the
cyglsa DLL is only required when the Cygwin DLLs version number changes,
for instance, from 1.7.0 to 1.7.1.  It's not required between snapshots
maintaining the same version number and the final release with that
version number.  Except, of course, the LSA stuff changes and requires
testing ;)