Re: Filenames chars

On Jun 14 10:03, Pierre A. Humblet wrote:
> Corinna,
>
> Do you understand why there is a call to OemToCharBuff in read_sd?
> It's a very odd place for such a call. Why only there?
> ChangeLog-2000 mentions handling of umlauts.

As far as I remember, the call worked around a problem which happens
in codepage:oem case.  In that case, the user enters filenames on the
console in the OEM specific charset but the GetFileSecurity function
always treats names as in ANSI charset without conversion.  That's the
reason it's only used in read_sd.

We seem to have a similar problem now with NtCreateFile.  A conversion
from oem into the system character set seems to be necessary.  The usual
call to sys_wcstombs in str2buf2uni is apparently not quite ok.

Cygwin Co-Project Leader          mailto:cygwin@cygwin.com
Red Hat, Inc.