a request for Pierre

Pierre,
I find that I need to make another change to the tty stuff and I'm
worried that I'm just doing an old Three Stooges comedy routine where I
close one drawer and another one hits me in the face.

Would it be possible for you to enumerate in one message, all of the
tests you have run on the tty stuff so I won't be reenabling bugs
when I make changes.  If you could make the tests a runnable script
that would be wonderful, but that's probably not possible.

In particular, the vfork stuff is incredibly tricky to get right.  So,
make and sh are suspect whenever I make a change.