Re: About "messed up user permissions from w2k terminal session"

Corinna Vinschen wrote:

> How do we implement 3?  A function for checking and setting privileges
> exists.  We would have to tweak it slightly to allow to recognize the
> case that a user right just doesn't exist on the system.
>
> How do we test if the session is a TS session?  Does NT provide this
> information somewhere? *dig, dig, dig*  Cool, yes, the function
> GetSystemMetrics(SM_REMOTESESSION) returns TRUE if running in a remote
> session.  It does not return TRUE if running under a service, I just
> tested it.  So 3 should be doable.

Great. FWIW there is also another way. Users running under TS are in a
special group, at least with Windows 2000 sp4
4 [TERMINAL SERVER USER] [NT AUTHORITY] SidTypeWellKnownGroup
11 S-1-5-13
SE_GROUP_ENABLED, SE_GROUP_ENABLED_BY_DEFAULT, SE_GROUP_MANDATORY,

Pierre

P.S.: Ash looks good. Thanks.