Re: About "messed up user permissions from w2k terminal session"

On Mon, Oct 06, 2003 at 07:28:57PM -0400, Pierre A. Humblet wrote:
>>>1) When you run 1.3.22 and you do ps -a from a Terminal Server session,
>>>do you see all Cygwin processes on the machine or only yours?
>
>>Only mine, only the ones that I have launched from my window/login
>>session.
>
>Do we want it this way or should the pinfos (and all other Cygwin
>shared) use the global name space?

I don't know.  I noticed this recently myself and was surprised.

I think that pinfos should probably use a global name space but, on the
other hand, I sort of do like being able to keep users isolated from
each other.  It's just not very unix-like.

>I don't have access to a machine running terminal services so I can't
>experiment.

Hmm.  Time to see about getting you a Windows upgrade again.  The last
time I asked my Microsoft "contact" he said that policies had changed
and it wasn't as easy to get software.