Re: Anyone willing to maintain a cygwin bugs database

cgf@redhat.com wrote:

I have always resisted the idea of a cygwin bug database because the
cygwin user base is basically so clueless.  The theory is that if we
opened up a bug database it would be filled with people reporting that
setup.exe isn't resizeable or saying "I need help cygwin, gcc command
not found says".

That's what WONTFIX or WORKSFORME is for ;-).

However, I can see some benefit in pointing to official bugzilla URLs
when someone reports a problem and possibly referring to closed bugzilla
ids in cygwin releases.

Would this be a project catagory on the RedHat bugzilla or a seperate bugzilla?

Cheers,
Nicholas