RE: Added some interesting functionality to my cygwin sandbox

Christopher Faylor wrote:
> I added a mount flag over the weekend that allows you to do this:
>
> touch aux abc:def Aux

I noticed that aux and Aux differ only by case. Is this just
coincidental since aux was reserved anyway? If so, you'd be
able to have aux and Aux in the same directory (presumably
aux.c and Aux.C as well), but not foo.c and Foo.C.

A while back, I experimented with the same scheme, although
my main goal was to allow names differing only in case. In
the end, I decided it was not a good solution to the mixed
case problem, although it worked quite well for names that
aren't ever legal under Windows anyway.

> This was really much easier than I thought it would be, so
> I've probably missed something.

Have you considered directories also?

gsw

BTW, I finally got permission to release my solution to the
mixed-case problem into the public domain. It will be posted
to casewise.sourceforge.net eventually.