Re: Calling RegisterServiceProcess from setsid ?

Pierre A. Humblet wrote:

How do you debug that stuff? Running under gdb or strace seems to change many things.

Have I ever mentioned DbgView from sysinternals.com in this list? Strace output has been rearranged a bit since I last tried it on Cygwin so you may have to figure out how to notify Cygwin that you want to see the debug output.

The nice thing about DbgView is that the memory pointers aren't distured as they are with gdb and strace, I.E.: the process executes the same everytime, making it easier to use the strace output to debug the code.

Earnie.