Re: cygthread::cygthread() hang

Christopher Faylor wrote:

Why aren't you using gdb to debug this?

I could breakpoint at the place in cygthread::cygthread() that detects the problem, but it's far too late to figure out what happened by then. Using strace appears to me to be the easiest thing to do. Especially given my limited understanding of what is going on down in the guts of Cygwin -- it's pretty hairy. -- Joe Buehler