Re: Should check_ntsec() be added to cygwin?

On Wed, Mar 26, 2003 at 01:49:50PM -0500, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 26, 2003 at 12:56:08PM -0500, Jason Tishler wrote:
> >I would like to use Corinna's OpenSSH check_ntsec() in fetchmail and
> >procmail.  It's possible that other packages could make good use of this
> >functionality too.  I would like to work up a patch to add it to Cygwin.
> >Is this a desirable enhancement?
>
> I'll let Corinna answer if this is desirable or not.  It sounds like it
> probably is to me.

Sure, go ahead!

> If you do work up a patch, however, if at all feasible, please use the
> cygwin_internal call for providing this functionality.

I agree.  OpenSSH can't follow this path since the maintainers prefer
to keep backward compatibility to older versions of Cygwin but it's
definitely an interesting functionality.  What I'm not quite sure is
if it should still test for ntea though.

Cygwin Developer                                mailto:cygwin at cygwin dot com
Red Hat, Inc.