HEADSUP everyone: 32/64bit changes are commited

Hi,

the switch to 32bit uid/gid and 64bit off_t and all these other types
(fpos_t, dev_t, ...) is done in the repository.  The testsuite is still
working fine so I hope the damage isn't too bad.

All current apps still should run.  They are not able to access uids
and gids >= 65536 or files > 2Megs but otherwise nothing has changed
for them.

Newly compiled apps do access the new functions and use the new types,
assuming you copy all new headers (also from newlib!) into /usr/include
and the new libcygwin.a to /lib before building apps.

I'm locally running a 32/64 Cygwin DLL with new compiled tcsh, ssh and
sshd and everythings apparently ok.  ls still shows the wrong uids,
though ;-)

The cygserver changes are very likely not complete, so I'd like the
cygserver gang to have a look if something's missing.  As a brief rule,
don't use uid_t, gid_t and off_t but instead the internal types __uid32_t,
__gid_t and __off64_t.  Also, don't use getuid() or lseek() but instead
getuid32() and lseek64().

Just so that it's clear:  This is not 1.3.21!  But this will be in the next
version plus the still to come device handler changes from Chris.

Cygwin Developer                                mailto:cygwin at cygwin dot com
Red Hat, Inc.