Re: cygwin=ntsec:[no]strict

Christopher Faylor wrote:

> >Chris,
> >
> >Please make sure id runs with ntsec even if cygcheck
> >runs with CYGWIN=nontsec.
>
> Ok.  Thanks.  I never would have thought of this.
>
> Does it make sense to run it both with and without ntsec or is only ntsec
> interesting?

Normally the information with ntsec is a superset of the other.

However if the user has populated the gr_mem fields in /etc/group,
they will only appear with nontsec.
That information is used when setuid (to cover the case where the PDC
is not available), so, yes, it could be interesting.

Thanks. I never would have thought of this.

Pierre