Re: gethostname() patch

Corinna Vinschen wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've just removed some old cruft from cygwin_gethostname which had
> the annoying result that always the return value of GetComputerName()
> has been used instead of the return value of gethostname().  Now
> Cygwin's gethostname and hostname(1) report the winsock value of the
> hostname which is lower case.
>
> My questions is:  Shouldn't uname call this function as well?  Uname
> still uses the upper case value returned from GetComputerName().

Are you saying that the only difference is case? If so, no problem.
I vaguely remember that it could be much more than that (WinME),
with gethostname reporting unexpected values from the registry
instead of the BIOS name. I can't test now.
Please don't include a uname change in the coming Cygwin release
before more testing.

Pierre