Re: tty patch check in

On Sat, 23 Nov 2002, Steve O wrote:

> On Sat, Nov 23, 2002 at 03:09:59PM -0500, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> > It needs more testing from more parties.  It would be nice if someone
> > like Egor could review the code, too.
>
> My understanding of the process was that changes would be committed
> to CVS then tested by the development community.  I think there's
> ample evidence that the patch doesn't cause immediate failure that
> would preclude developers from testing it.  If you really want
> more testing, checking it into CVS is the way to do it.

I agree.  In the meantime, I can still try to produce the relevant
snapshot for people to try.  However, your patch has diverged slightly
from the CVS HEAD revision (I had 4 chunks moved, and one rejected).
Should I try to fix up the patch, or would you like to regenerate it
against the CVS HEAD and submit the new patch (or send it to me off-list)?
	Igor

--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu

"Water molecules expand as they grow warmer" (C) Popular Science, Oct'02, p.51