Re: dll_list::detach() can stackdump

On Tue, Nov 12, 2002 at 09:58:48AM -0500, Jason Tishler wrote:
>Although, the following patch:
>
>    http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-patches/2002-q4/msg00103.html
>
>fixes the problem for newly built DLLs, it does not (and cannot) correct
>old (i.e., previously built) DLLs.
>
>What is the best way to solve this issue?  Should dll_list::detach() be
>changed to call IsBadReadPtr() to prevent stackdumps?

I think I have rewritten dll_list::detach to avoid the reliance on a
passed-in pointer so that the above patch is no longer necessary.  I
tried it with a simple test case and it seemed to work ok.  I didn't
try it with a fork() case, though.  Can you confirm that this fixes
your problem?

Thanks for tracking this down so thoroughly, btw.