Re: TCP problems

Conrad Scott wrote:

"Nicholas Wourms" <nwourms@netscape.net> wrote:

Perhaps we could implement a counter to ascertain exactly how

many

cycles until dies?  Either that or I could pipe netstat to a

file and

have nano count how many open sockets there are...  That figure

should

not be taken as exact, due to the fact I didn't run 'time' and

was

guessing when you asked.

You could run the client through (something like):

   client <xxx> | grep 'connect' | wc

But I was more interested in the error codes than in the exact
number of sockets. That can be affected by lots of things, such as
registry parameters.

Well I am configured for standard 100bT access, so it might be possible that the MTU's are different.

Also my guess is that on your system, the last connect was to
socket 4999 or 5000?  Especially with the EADDRINUSE error that
you got at another point, which probably indicates that all the
temporary sockets (1024-5000 ?) were in TIME_WAIT state.  I can't
ever hit that problem, 'cos my computer's not quick enough :-(
[just guessing here].

The machine runs slow as dog s**t though after running the tests. Any attempt to generate a sound results in it hanging for ~45sec. *Sigh* I guess that's what you get from software driven soundcards...

BTW, what was the machine set up for this? (windows version,
memory size?).

WindowsME, Athlon-4 1.1GHz, 320MB

Cheers,
Nicholas