Re: System-wide mutexes and pthreads

"Robert Collins" <robert.collins@syncretize.net> wrote:
> I'll create a branch for you, that you can commit into. There is doco in
> CVS on the scripts and how to use them though :} (src/winsup/maint).

Thanks -- I'm reading through those scripts just now.

> > On the issue of review, how do we want to run this? Should I
> > submit patches for review and/or approval (to cygwin-patches)?
> > or just go ahead for the moment on the branch and wait for a
> > larger approval discussion at merge time?
> > Or so happy medium between the two?
>
> Submit patches for any bits you are 100% happy with - that won't need
> further tweaking.

I'm not sure whether you mean "submit" or "commit" here? If you mean
"submit", it doesn't seem that I've much need for CVS write access at all.

Also, to check the interpretation of "100% happy": those cygserver/shm
patches I sent earlier this week, what category would they fall into? My
feeling is that they don't add new features or change anything of the
fundamental design, they could be committed directly. Or am I out of line
here?

> Anything that you want design review on, discuss on
> cygwin-developers, perhaps offering a proof-of-concept patch (i.e. via
> cvsmkpatch) on cygwin-patches.

I'll be doing that.

Thanks,

// Conrad