Re: Problem in strace -p pid

On Mon, May 27, 2002 at 02:19:39AM +0100, Conrad Scott wrote:
>There is unfortunately a race, since (on w2k at least) the target process is
>not being debugged by the time it receives the magic __SIGSTRACE signal.

I'm not sure that I understand how this type of race is possible.  It seems
like once DebugActiveProcess returns the process in question should consider
itself to be debugged.  However, this wouldn't be the first time that I've
been surprised by Microsoft.

However, I've checked in a fix which should work around your reported
problem.

Thanks for the detailed analysis.